To Understand Ketopia™, First Know “Ketosis”
Before we answer a few pivotal questions about Ketopia, let's break down the subtle bodily science of ketosis.
I really hate quoting Wikipedia- it seems so obvious- but in the case of reviewing Ketopia™, you're going to need the definition of ketosis.
Seems the Ketopia™ people assume you know its meaning because they start right in without clearly defining it. Maybe I'm living a sheltered existence but the only familiar association I had previous to researching this was the infamous “Raspberry Ketones” of internet super-fruit sales pitches and the over-priced supplement world.
Anyway, as promised, here's your definition…
Ketosis: a metabolic state where most of the body's energy supply comes from ketone bodies in the blood, in contrast to a state of glycolysis where blood glucose provides most of the energy.
…not that that clears up much of anything. So let me help you…trust me, you'll need to get this in order to understand my assessment of the Ketopia™ company and the business opportunity it represents.
Ketopia Review – Ketosis in the World
Ketosis seems to have appeared in our collective consciousness around 80 years ago, according to Google's nifty NGram Viewer. Take a look at the peak of occurrences of the word ketosis in books since the 1800s:
Looks like this is a concept that was pretty well-studied back in the last century- are we on the verge of a reawakening of ketosis? If you're still feeling a little unclear on what it means, let's turn to our friends from the world of body building. Turns out some of them know a heck of a lot about ketosis…and they explain it better, too.
Ketosis in the Body Building World
Ketosis is a state you'd like your body to get into if you're at all interested in ridding your physique of body fat. In layman's terms, the body will use your stores of fat to simply get you through the day- you don't even have to hit the gym to burn fat.
According to BodyBuilding.com, our bodies are lazy because we consume so many carbs. That means our bodies become very inefficient at using fats, and simply says the heck with it and stores fats as well…fat. That's why we're fat. If we put our bodies in a state of ketosis, we get really good at using fat for energy, and we start burning off the fat again.
Essentially, keep your carbs down and your body will look within itself for fuel and the pounds will melt away. Let's look at Ketopia™ and what they're offering us in the way of ketosis. If you're like me, you're guessing it's a weight-loss product. I'm going to break with my usual habit of peering into the Company first, and start instead with reviewing the Ketopia™ products.
Ketopia Weight Management Products
Ketopia™ is a weight-loss product based on the concept of triggering your body to burn fat instead of the carbs you eat. Apparently it's hard to get your body into the state of ketosis. Normally it takes several days of fasting (and who can or wants to do that?).
Actually, Ketopia™ is more than a product: it's a system consisting of three ForeverGreen products:
- KetonX™. This is the flagship drink, which puts your body on its way to that blessed state of ketosis we've been talking so much about. It's full of unnamed patent-pending ingredients.
- Dough Bites™. These are odd little dough-ey bites pumped full of nutrients, designed to make you think you're eating cookie dough. They're fiber-rich and contain “prebiotics” and “phantom carbs” that make you think you're full and therefore prevent cravings.
- FIXX®. Now we're talking! This is a chocolate energy shake so you don't starve to death while your body is busy ketosis-ing its way to fat-burning heaven.
The system is based on a scientific discovery that if you provide the body with an exact blend of the right nutrients, ketosis is introduced. The body just starts into ketosis within hours and you're on your way to weight loss success. You can get Ketostix™ to test your body and prove that it's in ketosis.
One interesting benefit besides losing weight is that the energy we derive from ketosis (or burning fat) produces 300% more energy than what's derived from burning carbs.
Pricing: it's hard to find pricing on ForeverGreen's website, but Amazon supplies that info, at least indirectly. Ketopia™ is apparently too new to be on Amazon yet, but FrequenSea is there…at $55 per pound! That gives us a pretty good indication of the price range. No wonder revenue keeps skyrocketing.
10-Day Ketopia Reset Pack by ForeverGreen
The company that markets and offers the newly-created and patented Ketopia natural weight loss progrma, ForeverGreen, is experiencing phenomenally sustained growth due to the Ketopia Companion Pack and their Farmer's Market store. For the quarter most recently closed, Q1 2015, they posted a 63.2% increase in total revenues to $17,198, 940, according to Bloomberg's corporate snapshot of the company.
All that wealth isn't due to Ketopia™, however. ForeverGreen also develops and manufactures a whole range of products in the wellness industry, some of which you may have read about right here on this site:
- Azul (antioxidant drink)
- Pulse-8 (for a healthy heart)
- Pulse (seeds, nuts, whole foods)
- PowerStrips (pain relief)
- Pure (whole food product)
Ketopia™ is merely the latest product brought to market by ForeverGreen.
And as an extra Ketopia bonus supplement, they are also coming out with KetoPM natural speed aid with the tagline of “Tomorrow's Greatness Begins Tonight”.
The Founder and CEO of ForeverGreen is named Ronald K. Williams. Although I usually lose respect for a direct marketing company whose executives don't hail from a traditional business background, Mr. Williams is an exception. He's been in direct sales since the 1980s and starting in 1992 he's worked at the executive level of some major companies. This is of course is so different from other “execs” who may have worked in direct sales for decades but were simply at the distributor level.
No, Ronald K. Williams is the real deal and could probably hold his own outside of the network marketing industry. If you've heard of Young Living Essential Oils, he was Senior Executive there, from 1997 to 1998.
The Compensation Plan
I believe the compensation plan for Ketopia™ is rolled into the plan for all ForeverGreen's products, and as such it goes like this:
- Requirements for participation in the compensation plan: maintain an order of 50QV or 100 QV per month (that's Qualifying Volume, the point value for each product)
- Fast Start Bonus kicks in when you enroll new members who place an order within their first four weeks. You get 25% of their CV, which is commissionable volume.
- X-Tribe Bonus. Enroll 4 or more new people during your 4-week commission period and attain 1,000 QV in the last 4 weeks of your first enrollment levels, you get $100 if your autoship is 50 QV and you get double that if your autoship is 100 QV.
- Reach the X-Tribe Bonus level and your autoship will be paid for. Now you're rolling.
- Team Bonus. Build your enrollment tree and get team bonuses. You have two legs, with the smaller leg determining your pay. Get 500 QV on your small leg and make 8% of the whole team's CV on that leg. That's if your autoship is 50QV. Again, you get more if your autoship is 100QV: 12%
- Matching Bonus, Rank Advancement Cash Bonus. I won't bore you with more details about the higher levels of a compensation plan for a company you just learned about. Suffice it to say, there's more at the top!
I can't help loving the ForeverGreen company, so of course I'm inclined to at least want to like the Ketopia™ system. However, even though they claim a whole lot of science, it seems more like smoke and mirrors to me. I think I now understand the basics of ketosis, but still feel very vague about how this product puts my body into a magical fat-burning state. The secrecy around the patent-pending magic ingredients doesn't help, either.
But that doesn't mean I wouldn't give the product a try, simply because I believe in ForeverGreen (yes the company is that good- take a look at their website). Therefore, although I don't even believe in Ketopia™, I wholeheartedly recommend the Opportunity!